Friday, April 10, 2015

The meaning of Zayn

When we found out we were having another boy, we had the hardest time picking a name. I have had a girl name (that I'll probably never get to use) picked out for years. I finally got serious and compiled a list of names I liked. I then had Jake narrow that list down. He really liked Barrett, but it didn't sound good with our last name, so I crossed that one off. I narrowed it down to Zane or Beckett. I googled their meanings and it said it Zane was a variant of Jon from Hebrew meaning "God's gracious gift". As soon as I read that, I decided that would be the winner! It wasn't until later that we decided to spell it Zayn (since Tytan is spelled with a y). After his traumatic birth, his name means so much more. He truly is God's gracious and perfect gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment