Tuesday, April 23, 2013

He's gone country!

My husband is a total city boy, but I think I am turning him country. Since we moved out of the city, we decided to do a garden. We have planted tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, corn, peas, and squash. I am excited to see how it does. I am also excited to see how happy my husband is over this. Never in a million years would I have expected to see Jake tilling up the ground. He actually enjoys it too!


 
 
He also surprised me when he jumped on the chicken bandwagon. We visited our friends in Mississippi back in February. They had about 5 chickens in their backyard at the time. Jake tried a fresh fried egg and loved it. What really made him want chickens? He witnessed a rooster catch and kill a mouse. Yeah...he is such a guy. So we went and got chicks at the local co-op. Then I found more I wanted a week later.
 
 
Yep, that's right, thirteen chickens. Where are these guys going to live? In the Perry Palace, of course!
 
 
 
 
It's not finished yet, but by the time the chicks are able to move in, it will be. I am so pumped about this coop. We got our inspiration from here. 
I can't wait!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment